Why can't someone make waders that feel like dockers?

boss_steb

boss_steb

I am a ginormous guy...and can't find a pair of waders to fit my fat calves...I know...many of you have heard me lament this on here before...

Husky angler is out of business...Big Camo breathables (might have been Patagonia) don't come close in the 3XL...even the Kings in Simms don't fit my calves...still looking for a custom shop for waders.

Just seems like some company should be able to create a pair of Wading pants or waders that feel like dockers...

No need to respond...just my normal rant....

Boss

Have you given Simms a call concerning your plight? Maybe they could help you with their custom sizing programs. It's not cheap but Simms is the only wader company I can think of that offers this service. Good luck with your search. Matt

I alway bought STOUT waders. My wide part is/was the hips.

Jack,

Love the avatar picture you have on there...I am a bit more of Maker's or John Daniels (when you know him as well as I do...you can call him John) man myself...

Jack lets see that bottle now . Jack and Greg have made me see the light. Does it look like this one?

Attachments

• evan.jpg
    evan.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 2
Bruno wrote:
Jack lets see that bottle now . Jack and Greg have made me see the light. Does it look like this one?

It looks like Jack's actually has some liquid left in the bottle!

I used to know a few people that would have drank the robo too. :roll:

jay now that is funny ! DM these days not the good ole DX days

Orvis Makes custom waders also

Ah yes, robo and jack. Not many bars serve that anymore.

My bottle was brand new when I poured that shot and It doesn't look much worse right now. I didn't feel like getting zonked yesterday, so I just had a few swigs here and there.

Jack,

Thanks for the tip on the Evan Williams sale at the State Store. I picked up a couple fresh bottles tonight. I find I don't crave the Robo nearly as much when there's Evan in the house...

Boss,

Let me know if you do find a good solution for your larger waders. I'm not getting any smaller myself.

I have the same troubles in the calves. I hate to say it, but my cheap $89 ProLines have been in action for 3 years, fit well, and have taken a beating. I bought a pair of Redingtons last year just because and they are way to tight in the calves.

Waders that feel like dockers... simple answer - SIMMS

I hear Dan Baily is making waders that are bigger in the calves...may see about them...they are real expensive also..

Boss

I wear Simms and they are tight on the calves for sure, but I also have a pair of Cabela's waist-highs that have tons of room in the legs and seat... they are cut very generously and I have been very happy with the quality so far.

Hey big boy. I have the Baileys Yellowstone. Awesome, three years old and really hold up. Check the sizing chart. Maybe there is something in one of their waders. They have a great guarantee.

http://www.dan-bailey.com/wadersizing.htm

Put your old neoprenes back on for a day. then put your breathables on..they all feel like Dockers compared to the old ones...

unfortunately, I fit best in my stretchy neo....I am excited to try on the Dan Baily's...

boss

hey guys...just an update..if you remember I started this thread...way back when hector was a pup...well...I found a solution to the big calves and non-fitting waders...and it seems to the ticket...

Since June 1, I have cut just shy of 90 lbs...no exercise, not hungry, and no surgery...I started with a nutrionist and amazing...the weight has come off...yes, I miss my cans of coke and bag of chips each night...but I fit in my old 2xls with room to spare...BP went from 143 over 93 to 117 over 78...

Boss (probably sounds a bit like bragging) just happy to fit into my draws...again...)

Good for you Boss....on the healthy new you, the waders fitting is a bonus. Keep it up.

Back