Who rides a motorcycle to fish?

N

NRD

I had several bikes in my teens & 20's. Now in my 60's, I'm thinking more and more about wanting another bike. No practical use, but Penns is almost an hour away. Other fine streames even farther. Any encouragement from fellow fly fishers?

I bought a GSA last year and plan on taking it fishing this year. Go for it.

I had a motorcycle when I was young and stupid.

But I have an aversion to pain and injury, so I sold it.

People pull out in front of motorcycles, because they don't see them. And that won't change.

People pull out in front of motorcycles, because they don't see them. And that won't change.
Well in all fairness, the motorcyclist is more maneuverable and will incur more damage should an accident arise, so they should be more wary. I drive a 2,400 lb. tin can of a car so I am constantly on the lookout for stupidity on the road (which there is plenty of). Not saying cars shouldn't be completely oblivious, but there's a lot of stupid drivers on the road, by riding a bike one simply has to accept this.

Here’s what I take to the stream. It’s always fun combining hobbies versus competing with each other.
B63D152F 802C 48A8 8E0B 2B1E1A69A13F

That's pretty much the bike that got me thinking about this, but now the 500 has my attention.

I have probably fished more , by far, via motorcycle travel ,than by car.
It does teach you to not bring extra stuff .
I bell admit that riding in the rain, fishing all day in the rain, and riding home in the rain are not fun 😂
But, everyone should do it

I've been known to do it on occasion! Not much here in PA, but I do enjoy taking off for the west for 2 or 3 weeks to ride and fish, Hence the name!
I also do quite a few fishing/motorcycle trips to WV/VA every year.

Back