Who is ready for Saturday???

B

billm67

Okay...maybe it's my newbie nature...but I am very excited to get out Saturday. A little bummed because I won't be able to get out until later in the day....but I plan to get out none the less(maybe some of the crowds will have died off). I know they will be dum stockers....but just to see fish there will get me all wound up. Maybe if I can find a couple that are really dum....I might catch one!

I know alot of the die hards don't consider it real fishing....going after pellet fed stockers.....but for me a a newbie being able to catch a fish at all is very exciting for me. I don't care if he is a stocker.

You go Bill and I cannot wait for your report. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

The thing that is that for a newbie....the only thing that is open the month before things open are C&R and Fly fish only sections of the water. There is typically alot of pressure on those fish and they become pretty smart/spooky. The chances for someone with limited skills to catch anything is pretty slim.....So I have purposely stayed away. I don't want to get frustrated.....Just let me at some dum ones.....That's what I need!

On another note...it will not be so good if I go out Saturday and can't even catch any of the dum ones.

But next year at this time will be much different for Bill! :-D

billm67 wrote:
On another note...it will not be so good if I go out Saturday and can't even catch any of the dum ones.

Actually, it may be harder to catch them Saturday after the pounding so don't read too much into it "if" you don't have any luck. Your time is coming and I know a lot of guys (most especially Dave) on this board look forward to your first fish post. I SURE know I am!

Stocked trout catch onto the traits of those born in nature rather quickly. At the end of the day they can still be a challenge. The pressure on the first day is something I always tend to avoid the opening week like the plague. Too many hacks sitting on lawn chairs and camping for my taste. To each their own though. Good luck to you.

Go have fun. There was a time when I about peed in my pants because of the anticipation of "opening day".

outsider wrote:
There was a time when I about peed in my pants because of the anticipation of "opening day".

And now, this happens right after you get finished putting all your gear on.

Some things in life come full circle. :lol:

H-A, that's why I wear waist high waders.

And Fox says I'm cold???????

Heritage-Angler wrote:
outsider wrote:
There was a time when I about peed in my pants because of the anticipation of "opening day".

And now, this happens right after you get finished putting all your gear on.

Some things in life come full circle. :lol:

Wanna know a secret......go to those special reg and FFO areas on opening day....they will be empty. Ssshhhhhhh! ;-)

They'll be empty because they heard stories of guys peeing their waders!

Maurice wrote:
Wanna know a secret......go to those special reg and FFO areas on opening day....they will be empty. Ssshhhhhhh! ;-)

Good advice indeed.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
djs12354 wrote:
And Fox says I'm cold???????

Ice cold. Starkist tuna? :lol:

You are both cold!!!!!!!!! First HA calls me "skunkie" when not catching a fish in a barren wasteland during sub-artic temps and now Dave says Les is charging to keep me away from people. Good damn thing I enjoy fishing by myself 'cause no one's gonna wanna go with me after listening to you two! :roll:

Speaking of opening day and rules/regulations as to where and when you can fish ..

How were we able to fish that area @ the LL this past Saturday?

Are you able to fish from the sat to Dec 31st?

Are all parts of streams allowed unless noted/posted?

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Speaking of opening day and rules/regulations as to where and when you can fish ..

How were we able to fish that area @ the LL this past Saturday?

Are you able to fish from the sat to Dec 31st?

Are all parts of streams allowed unless noted/posted?

Hi Stagger - The section of stream we fished is special regulations water. Specifically, C&R, Flyfishing Only. It's open year 'round.

You had to drive over the creek on the way into the Wildlands Conservancy, but that section is not special regs water.

It's all here:

http://fishandboat.com/specreg.htm

Back