White flies

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

Anyone seeing white flies yet? Was hoping to fish them somewhere. I don’t think breeches will ever be cold enough again in summer to fish them below 34 lol, but who knows. I was hoping to catch the hatch in the river, wondering if they are coming off on the Susky yet?

I'm fairly certain I saw a few coming off this week on the Susquehanna North Branch - Luzerne County. Historically we don't see that hatch up here until early August. They are coming ~

I usually know they are there because the cobwebs at my front door will get a couple but I’m moving so thanks I’ll have to drive to the river next week around dusk and try to run into them.

I usually know they are there because the cobwebs at my front door will get a couple but I’m moving so thanks I’ll have to drive to the river next week around dusk and try to run into them.
Very light hatches this week, but fish were rising

Thanks! Will have to make to river this weekend

Just north of Harrisburg in also a light hatch... based on fishing Monday evening

Saw some stragglers on the swatty but they could have flown from the river

Last Thursday - Aug. 11th was a fairly big hatch on the Susky North Branch.

Out on susky tonight by falmouth and very sparse some people saying missed it down here some saying hasn’t gotten heavy yet lol

So many variables effect this hatch. They are known to migrate up river but can be spotted in several locations during the same time period. I've seen them further up the North Branch in September. It's a wonderful hatch but unpredictable. Sulphurs on the other hand are around most all summer.

Back