Where is an action-filled spot to fly fish this weekend near Doylestown within 2 hrs drive?

L

Love2Fly

Just joined! Live in Doylestown and am willing to travel up to 2 hrs. Any recommendations on where I can find some nice trout spots for this weekend? New to the area and looking to find great spots. Also, appreciate any recommendations on flies being hit right now. My guess is the black ant. Thank you!!

Meat hole at Little Lehigh Creek, right at hatchery outflow in the fly fishing area. Never a dull moment, if you like that sort of thing.

Still some cold water in Clarks Creek.. only over your driving time by ~12 minutes.

At almost exactly 2 hours, I'd try the Lackawanna River

Lackawanna is around 70° right now.
Yeah my bad. When I read his post I missed that he said for this weekend rather than in general.
I would wait a bit to fish the Lackawanna, but it should cool down before fall.

If you're new and haven't there's lots of closer places that'll give more fish, less drive time. Is Neshamitty (sp) worth exploring? Nokamixon, the Lehigh. Honestly the best part of New areas is exploring. Already said driving no biggie. Does mean you have go far. So much easier with gps than when I did it with maps. Get Lost! Found one of my favorite places while lost on back roads one time. Now you can just drop a pin.

You could try the Saucon ,but I wouldn't fish it on the weekends if you can help it .
I'm from Doylestown too , actually New Britain
The Saucon isn't action filled ,but a nice little stream

You could try the Saucon ,but I wouldn't fish it on the weekends if you can help it .
I'm from Doylestown too , actually New Britain
The Saucon isn't action filled ,but a nice little stream
Thank you bead and nice to connect!

Back