whats your favorite mouse pattern?

daman1277

daman1277

Looking for a small mouse pattern. Something small like a size 1 or 1/0 hook at the largest. One that is easy to tie. Not looking for a deer hair pattern since I'm still a noob. Thought I remember seeing a pattern using zonker strips but can't find it now to save my life. Please help guys.

From a swap a while back, if I get a chance I will look it up. This is what I remember,

Hook: 4 or 6 streamer
Tail: small rubber band
Shell/back: Foam strip
Body: deer hair

Hope I didn't butcher it too bad, for I didn't tie it.

JH

Thw "white bellied mouse" all rabbit strip and articulated.

the big ugly;

Attachments

• flies old 039.jpg
    flies old 039.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
Decided to try deer hair and this my first size 6 Morrish mouse

If I ever go to a place that I need a mouse pattern, I'll pay FishIdiot whatever he wants for a dozen of them. His are amazing.

You made a good choice with Morrish's mouse - a very effective pattern.

Don't be afraid to tie them with a white foam strip, which makes it possible for you to see the fly on the surface in some cases. Nothing quite like seeing the water around that faint white foam explode when a brown crushes it!

never tied or tried but this looks easy and cheap...
http://provenpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/08/craft-fur-mouse.html

I never tried a mouse pattern but the more I read and see the more I want to try them. I have a PDF from PFBC commision and it goes over new streams with sustaining trout populations and electro shock results. They have a picture in there of a what looks like a 10" brown with a mouse tail hanging out of his mouth. I will try them this year. I tied up two when I first got into tying. I think I used grizzly hackle for the tail and spun deer hair. I think they look pretty good. Maybe I'll add a picture tonight and let you guys critque them.

Back