20 lb clear mono rib
pheasant tail fibers shellback
and pheasant flank feathers for the claws and mustad sz 4 79580 hook

Attachments

• crayfish.jpg
    crayfish.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 6
nice lookin craw daddy there flipin.

I've done a ton of stream fishing with bait back in the day. I'd say smallies prefered clawless crayfish 2 to 1 most days... yet I tie all my streamers with bigger than average tails. Go figure.

i would say the same bam from my expirences and thx sandfly its a really easy pattern to tie

flip- you get my vote for a nice tie there man.

steamed

I tied up that Full motion crawfish last night it looks like it going to be a smallie killer . Its also alot easier to tie up than the clouser also .

Well Fred lets see it. Recipe too unless you're looking to patent it.

My favorite it is a version of the clouser, weighted with rabbit strips for the claws. It does have good motions with the RS claws. :p

Here it is since you twisted my arm :-D http://www.grandrivertroutfitters.com/files/Download/FullMotionCray.pdf

I was thinking about trying an articulated crayfish, but side to side isn't typical.

How could you get it to move up and down and under?
Multiply articulations or 3 or four part?

weight in the tail and foam in the front maybe i dunno

Maybe weighting the front of the first hook and back of the second hook, or hinging the second hook so it's more likely swing up and down. Dunno...

clouser crawfish has always been the most productive for me

pete41 wrote:
steamed

You got that right Pete! :-D

I remember back in my younger days sitting at a tavern in Pensacola (or maybe Fort Walton Beach - can't remember - near Eglin AFB) after a day of fishing and a big fella parks it next to me and barks at the waiter, "ditch bugs!" Having eaten craws before, you would have thought I'd have known what he was talking about. Yeah, yuh gotta love the Redneck Riviera.
Most of our local grocery stores sell 'em here in PA but I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy any. Guess some traditions, however tasty, might as well stay in the South.

I trap them here on pine, millions here all 2-4 inches great cooked..can we say crawdads and beer..

As a side note, this is yet another invasive that Mason Dixon area streams and rivers have to contend with: Rusty Crayfish

http://tiny.cc/kOYJA

That link didn't work.

They have been after rusties in valley creek.

I have eaten crawfish. There's a cajun steakhouse on west chester pike called crawdaddy's. Pretty good stuff. My relatives from florida put the heads in their mouth and slurp the brains out. Pretty nasty, if ya ask me.

Rusties in Valley maybe the overall size of the fish will get bigger from feeding on them :-D

Jay I'm on it http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=1X5L&dir_id=758&cat_id=19745&subcat_id=17488&Group_ID=17289 now lets go hit Valley :-D

Back