Whats towns would show up on your recent searches.

Dear RLeeP,

I hope you know I was just funning with you? Don't worry, I'm sure the FIB comment went straight over the head's of these PA boys with a bullet. :lol:

When word hits the street that you are out and sniffing around in SE Minnesota that is when I will lose all respect for you! :lol:

I'm serious, if you do plan to get up around Amherst I'd like to formally cyber-introduce you to my internet buddy up there. We've chatted about him via Im and he is a big TU'er so he is a guy that you would probably enjoy meeting. I know I look forward to meeting him.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Check out Manchester IA. and Zumbro Falls in MN. I won't broadcast the stream names, but if you want to shoot me an email, I'll tell you. The streams around Rochester MN are the best known, but there are plenty of others in SE MN. I talked to a farmer in IA that told me big browns come out of the RIVER in NE IA. Look for them around NOV 1.

Of course I know you're joking, Tim.

That's why I threatened to wedge elodea up your bum.

It's all in good fun...

Chaz: I've fished a fair amount around Manchester, IA. It sits pretty close to the southern limit of Iowa's trout water. So far as I know, the only trout stream of value within 15 miles of the place is a creek called Spring Branch. There are some decent creeks further north in the same county (Delaware) though.. Spring Branch is like Iowa's answer to the Paradise on Spring Creek, except it is about a third of the size of the Paradise. Otherwise, it's very much like the Paradise, or maybe the Little Lehigh in the hatchery section. Big goofy stocked trout mixed in with some wild fish that you catch on sucker spawn, egg flies and big orange wooly buggers...:). Like the LL and the Paradise, Spring Branch sits on a hatchery.

However, Iowa also has a "put and grow" program where they stock very small streams with brown (and some brook) trout fingerlings. These streams are sort of off the regular stream radar and aren't promoted much. I think one of the reasons they do this is that, if i have it right, it is the law (not just a suggested act of courtesy) to have landowner permission to enter any privately held land regardless of whether it is posted or not. Most of the put and grow creeks are on private land.

In any event, there isn't much secret about Iowa's program or it's trout streams. They have one of the most explicitely detailed cold water web sites I've seen, so almost all the "secrets" are already on the In-ter-net:

http://www.iowadnr.com/fish/fishing/trout/troutstr.html

But, hey.. I'm always open to more info. Send it to: RLee152@aol.com.

Thanks!

Slate Run PA-Fishing
Tampa FL-Fishing
Pulaski NY-Fishing
Pine Grove PA-Home
Grantville PA-Work

I guess that says it....If I'm not at work or home I'm fishing! It's been a lot more of the former than either of the latters lately, but my fishing season is just starting. I like to wait for the hatches to be over, then my fly is the only food in town. :-D

Boyer

Back