Whats the dfference Launch-Regersterd

M

melvinp

I figured this would be a good place to ask,What is the difference between a launch permite and a full regisration,I have a 13ft ocean kayak that i have had registerd and on my sticker it says unpowered and i have a 8 digit number on the side of my yak.I have seen launch stickers with no numbers.

If you fish inland waters only and don't plan on putting a motor on your yak your wasting your money registering it. A launch permit will work on any PA waters.

LAUNCH PERMITS
Owners of unpowered boats (canoes, kayaks, rowboats, etc.) can launch their boats at PFBC lakes and access areas or Pennsylvania state parks if their boats display a PFBC launch use permit, OR boat registration, OR Pennsylvania State Parks launch permit or mooring permit. Pennsylvania State Parks recognizes PFBC boat registrations and launch permits. The Commission does NOT recognize launch permits from other states. A PFBC launch permit can be purchased online at the Commission’s website. An unpowered boat may have a registration OR launch permit, but is not required to have both.
From PFBC.

For canoes and kayaks - as far as I know - there's no difference.

I can't remember if there's a difference in cost - I usually purchase two year launch permits. One of my yaks is an older boat with an illegible serial number and launch permits don't require a boat serial number (which I believe is required if you go the registration route).

Thanks for the info,Maybe someday i can put it on the big pond and get pulled around for a mile or so.(WAAHOO)

If you plan to register the boat, you must show a receipt that shows you paid the PA sales tax. Otherwise, you must pay the sales tax when you register the boat.
The launch permit does not require a sales receipt or proof of a paid sales tax.

I paid the tax

Back