What stream or river do you think is the most scenic in PA?

There are alot in my travels but the one that "got me" early on was Slate Run.

Since then they all have a special place in my mind.

Img_5557.jpg

I know some of you have seen this before but, not even a mumble of Clarks?
Granted I have yet to see Slate.

For me:

1. Susquehanna and Juniata at Dauphin
I've almost crashed my car driving along this area, just looking at the sun hitting the hillside over the rivers.

2. Pine in the canyon
Makes me feel small

3. Clarks
Beautiful.

4. Slate
I didn't see too much of it, but what I saw was great.

5. An certain berks county class A brookie stream in the winter.
I got out during a snowfall a few years ago, and it was the most peaceful day of my life.

Cross Fork in Potter County, then Kitchen in Columbia County, RGSP.

Rolf

I think the freestone tribs of Penns below Coburn are some of the prettiest small streams in the state. They have a goldish tint to their substrate. Very beautiful.

I also always thought the first mile or so Fishing Creek (Columbia County) below the junction of the branches is an exceptionally beautiful stream.

There are so many more. I think the Hoagland Br. in Sullivan County is a very pretty creek. Mill Creek in Sullivan as well.

Among bigger waters, I'd have to go with sections of the Clarion, my native French Creek in Crawford County and a portion of the Allegheny that no longer exists, so to speak. The section now inundated by the dam at Warren. What a crime that is. I just barely remember it..

My first choice is East Branch Sinnemahoning Creek (Potter County). This stream is easily accessible from the road, but I think it is one of the most enjoyable streams to fish and I've rarely run into other fisherman here.. Tucquan Creek is an awesome stream as well.

Dear Board,

Why no votes for the mighty Neshaminy? :-D

Actually, I'm going to add a new one. I think the Lehigh is a pretty scenic river myself, especially anywhere from Thornhurst down to Jim Thorpe. The tannic water looks really purty in the Fall against the backdrop of changing leaves.

Regards,
Tim Murphy 🙂

Back