What I've whippin up lately

PACOFRANSICO

PACOFRANSICO

I've been takeing inventory and reorganizing fly boxs and starting to see a couple of holes in the arsenal. So this is what bin flying off my bench of late.
BWO NYMPH
DSC05436.jpg

SULPHUR EMRGER
DSC05430.jpg

My Articulated MuddleBogger
DSC05432.jpg

The Bottoms Up
DSC05431.jpg

Nice ties, I especially like the bottoms up. Do you have a recipe like to try that one.

I've bin kicking around doing an articulated stream tutoial. I just haven't made up what pattern to tye. Either the Sex Dungeon, Circus Peanut, Bottoms Up or the Articu Zonk. All oth them are pretty lenghty tyes though.

klink style emerger looks tasty.

I got that same vise, i love it except for tying the larger flies like your last couple. Do you have any problem with that vise and flies of that size?

Still can't beat it for ~$40.

EDIT: Thought that was the Easy Rotary but the arm isn't quite the same. What kind of vise is that?

Yep it's a ez rotary and yes if you tye large fly's you will bend the points on your jaws. I have a peice of junk vise to tye the big ones in if I torque it and it junk I buy another.

Here is a good video on how to tie the Dungeon

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2010/12/21/dungeon/

That video of the Dungeon is a variation. The orginals tyed with a ton of marabou. The reason is the rabbit strip is to heavy to cast it holds too much water. But I'm nit picking.

Back