what brands of combo outfits are ok?

The_Sasquatch wrote:
No because bamboo is an ASIAN stick! Your Batman rod was probably made in, uh...yeah nevermind. It'll work.

LMAF!! Thank You!! Just what I needed working nights!!
Sean

In my personal opinion, started with a scientific anglers bass kit 8wt. Great pole decent action, but then I broke it... Seriously be warned of any pole warrenties. So then I barrowed my buddies st croix avid, awesome rod, also an 8wt. Clipped the pole with a weighted head fly and two casts later the upper section snapped. Though after calling st croix explaining that I had my buddies pole and what happened $30 shipped I will have a new tip section here by the end of the week! Awesome company to deal with.

So while I could not fish I went to Erie to get good line and possibly a reel. Went to fish USA, after an hour or so ended up walking out with the redington pursuit outfit and could not be happier! The action is sweet! The reel is not top quality but will definitely suffice, it has no problem slowing down and stopping a 26"carp and the pole has been flawless! For $180 I am completely stoked on that 8wt combo. Oh yeah and did I mention lifetime warranty on the pole!!!! I really can't say enough about this outfit. Oh yeah and it is speced with rio main line not gold or grand but I can cast it out to the backing...

And it sounds like we started some what on the same basis bass... And the are great to catch on the fly.

Though if you are only going for bass and trout maybe a 5/6wt would do you a bit better...

Anyways good luck and if you wanna see what that redington is all about go talk to nick at fish USA, his customer service is absolutely top notch!

Back