What are you looking forward to in 2015 ?

geebee

geebee

the weather is really crappy outside - i hate rain in January, this should be snow :-x

anyhoo, on to happier things, what are you looking forward to in 2015 and what are your fishing goals and dreams for 2015 ?

mine are :

1) get to know the GunPowder River in MD as I got an MD license for Xmas. hopefully i can fish it all year.
2) finally fish in the Poconos - the Brodhead i think...
3) catch a steelhead out west in April on the Queets River in WA
4) Fish the Hughes, Rapidan, White Oak Canyon, Piney in Shenandoah NP on mothers day weekend.
5) get to fish an evening hatch on Spring Creek - sadly won't make the Jam due to 4) but maybe in June ....?
6) fish one more time in Ireland with my Dad - at 84 every time feels like his last. he taught me to fish, so it means a great deal to me. and hopefully my nephews will come on the trip again as a bonus.
7) fish some local ponds in the spring for bass and panfish
8) make it up to the Salmon River or Elk Creek over Vets Weekend.

cheers

Mark.

I just want to have another year of decent-good local fishing. I have two big trips coming up in 2015 that i hope are successful:
1. Catch my first bonefish on my trip to Andros in October
2. Catch my first golden trout (hopefully a respectable one) on my trip to the Wind River Range in september.

I'm looking forward to water in it's liquid form.

1. Fish more this year than the last.
2. Catch a honest 20" trout. I have several at 19" but no 20" yet.
3. Fish this little pristine run that I have been going to fish the past several years and still have not made it. This is the year.
4. Fish the sulpher hatch on Spring Creek. It has been several years since I have fished it.
5. Just have fun. That's the goal every year.

I'll settle for an improvement over 2014. It basically sucked for me and my wife from pretty much every angle. Worst year ever IMO and I'm not talking fishing although that was effected, too.

Another year like that and I'm selling everything and moving into Pete's old trailer.

The enjoyment of life as always.

explore more wild trout streams in 2015. looking back I explored 12 new streams this past year some were a bust and some were phenomenal.

my goal is to catch and release 1000 trout. That may be a lot to some, but may be a small number as well. Keep in mind I mostly fish wild/native streams in general so a 30-50 fish day is the norm even with 7-10" trout

Introduce fly fishing to more kids and be able to help out any way I can to trout unlimited and local sportsmens with their stocking program.

Finally, get my guide license for PA

Chris

Going fishing more than three times.

Explore and spend more time on new water. Still so much of this state I've yet to see/fish.

I'm just hoping for warmer (if you can believe that) water temps than last season. I didn't fish a stream (7) that was warmer than 60F all season. They actually averaged in the mid to upper 50s.

I want to catch my first steel head, I plan a trip up to northern PA for some brookies and I actually just booked a trip to Shenandoah to fish that area as well. I would also like to do some bass fishing on the fly rod, and plan on fishing some bigger waters for browns that are a little further away. I will look forward to seeing you post up about fishing the Rapidian etc, and any suggestions you have for that area.

Good water temps like last year, more time out with my nephew, getting to north central and south central this year, hopefully getting more nephews into flyfishing.

Well, I wish I could devote the time and money into fishing as the OP. But I'm not at the stage of life where I can do that.

1. Watching my youngest say his first words, take his first steps, etc.
2. Hopefully take my oldest (just turned 3) camping a few times, and maybe he'll have some interest in catching a few gills.
3. My one "serious" trip will be the jam. Hopefully I get to go early and do some real fishing, and have good weather like like last year, rather than just a 2 night social event.
4. I hope to get a couple of day trips on the water.

1. Playing more music.
2. Becoming expert on several streams in my location.
3. Following 410 sprint cars every week.
4. Shooting all things that can fly, as often as possible.

pcray1231 wrote:
Well, I wish I could devote the time and money into fishing as the OP. But I'm not at the stage of life where I can do that.

i hear that - after 10 months unemployed in 2011 and 2 1/2 years working overseas to pay the mortgage, we are pretty much afloat only now, so i understand your woes. but they'll pass with time as mine did ;-)

brooks - my wise MiL bought me a VA licence (the MD one was Mrs GB...) . i was focusing on the Rapidan but many of those 'eastern' waters fish pretty good too i read. there's quite a bit of hiking involved though.

just hope this year is a success fishing with vintage bamboo fly rods

For 2015... I want to learn how to fly fish and by the end of the year atleast have a respectable cast, able to read water halfway decent and enjoy catching atleast one fish as I learn this sport.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have a house for a few days and I have no problem hiking/camping a few days out in the woods either. Also found out about a few access roads back into the mountains I believe. Will be fun to explore.

Goal for this year is to fish a lot again. 2014 was a real good year.
Pat my baby just turned 30, I can remember when she caught her first fish. Bluegill Raystown Lake 26 years ago. Make the most of these years there will stii be trout to catch when you get my age (65)

Got two trips booked for 2015. Might be the only time I get to fish the way things have been going :-(

Back