West Valley Creek

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

I saw in the stocking schedule that WVC was due to be stocked on 2/20 in the DH area. I went to the same spot, where I could walk on fish last year, on the 28th and in 300 yards of stream did not see 1 fish. Does anyone know if stocking got postponed?

Is this the spot where you can park right off the road and you walk through the forest for a bit and you come to a massive plunge pool that almost looks like a pond?

No, it is upstream from Boot Road

The pickering was due to get stocked on the same day and it did. I know that doesn't answer your question but usually when they postpone one in our area they postpone them all for the same reason.

Thanks Phil. I guess that tells me what I need to know. I wanted to get my son out and you know how much fun we had there last year. Not a fish anywhere in the area we fished last year. I'm not talking about catching them, I'm talking about seeing them. You remember them last year, this year, nota!

They're just taking a page from the native brookies that we couldn't find! Not sure man. It might just be a little cold still. Remember last year was unusually warm. Did you check the two huge pools at the upper end? Sometimes it seems like they dump all the fish in there, although I haven't fished the stream since 2010.

Foxgap wrote:

I wanted to get my son out and you know how much fun we had there last year.
How's he doing on the fly? Did he get any this winter?

Check out the DH section of the pickering. If you haven't been there before I can point you to a pool loaded w/ trout. It's where I take my 4 year old daughter to catch trout after they stock. We fish for 10min, catch at least one, and go home. Her attention span isn't there yet but she gets excited to real them in and touch them.

Back