West branch DE flow

Stimey

Stimey

Heading up next week, watching the flows....they must have shut the flow down/off today went from like 580 in the AM to like 330 now. Think I saw a post about this earlier in the week, anyone know what they are doing?

Haven't heard anything. It's liable to go to 1000 cfs 12 hours from now. Don't bother yourself with it until the day before you go up.

All the reservoirs are near 100% capacity, so that may help you out some... but other than a flow plan that occasionally comes into play, it's all a big mystery.

krayfish wrote:
Haven't heard anything. It's liable to go to 1000 cfs 12 hours from now. Don't bother yourself with it until the day before you go up.

Exactly! Thank you!

I've left the house when the release was 225, stopped at circle e for lunch and headed to launch. River was blown with sheets of plywood and corn stalks closing by. Raced down river 10 miles to beat the yoohoo that was headed down river. There's also plans "b" and "c". Plan B is hit a different river. Plan C is head back to motel and get hammered.

Assume the worst and hope for the best. If you bank on no hatches and zero fish, you can only go up from there.

Assume the worst and hope for the best. If you bank on no hatches and zero fish, you can only go up from there.

Optimism at its best, I love it!

Was running steady at 400cfs +/- and lowered to 229cfs yesterday.

Tougher level for floaters...better level for waders.

Just hang with Andy.....he'll figure out the best plan of attack....he's the Main Man!

Attachments

• USGS.01425000.02.00060..20130426.20130503.log.0.p50.JPG
    USGS.01425000.02.00060..20130426.20130503.log.0.p50.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 3
I'll be looking forward to dragging my boat at this point. LOL. No rain in sight and the only way we'll be floating is if they release or on the big river. I'll worry about it 24 hrs from now as I'm shoving off.

put it into perspective. The bottom end of Spring has more water than the wb right now...

Back