Well, It Finally Happened To Me

Finally got out to test the homemade loop. It worked great! Slid easily through the guides. Tested its strength on two Delaware rainbows that took a run. On one, the loop was stronger than my clinch knot. The other threw the hook. The loop held!

Thanks for the tip on the loop. Do you ever have to redo it or do you just leave it alone?

Shultzy wrote: "Finally got out to test the homemade loop. It worked great! Slid easily through the guides. Tested its strength on two Delaware rainbows that took a run. On one, the loop was stronger than my clinch knot. The other threw the hook. The loop held!"

Thanks for the tip on the loop. Do you ever have to redo it or do you just leave it alone?

Shultzy,

The loop often lasts as long as the line. Somtimes, if it gets beat up, I redo it - but that's no big deal as you now know. I have never had my loop fail me or even get caught in in guides or tip top when fighting a fish, including the bows on the D.

Tell me more about those D bows - on the main branch? When, where, how - I know why, they are my favorite fish to do battle with...they run like a bonefish and leap like a tarpon!

You're absolutely right about the D River Rainbows. They make it worth the trip. I find them hard to come by, but they are a blast! Its like when I used to play golf, the occasional good shot made it tempting to keep going back. However, I've just about given up on golf. I'd rather spend my little bit of free time fishing.

I just happened to be at the right spot at the right time. They didn't feed on top for long. I'll PM you with the locations.

I have used them untill, I lost two of them in one day at Clarks.

Never again!

PaulG

Back