Weekend Jamboree around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveKile
Hi Wsender,

They are listed on each USGS State Streamgage page:

Pa: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/rt
NY: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/rt

The dates seem to be different by state.

Last edited:
W
Just to clarify....

The Salmon River Gauge (Pineville, 04250200) is not scheduled to close. The gauge I think you're referring to is Salmon River Gauge(South Plattsburgh, 04273700). This river has drainage into Lake Champlain, not Ontario.

I know it's strange, two different rivers with the same name in the same state, but they are definitely not the same river.

Last edited:
franklin
There are some critical gauges on that list including Penns, Pine, and Spring. Thanks for the heads up Dave. A single trip to one of these if blown out or too low could cost me quite a few bucks in gas.

Last edited:
DaveKile
jam2011.jpg
The Paflyfish Jamboree and Meetup is fast approaching this weekend. Members and friends will be gathering at the Seven Mountains Campground in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania on May 18-20, 2012. The weekend is an opportunity to catch up with old friends, campout, and fly fish over some of the best waters in the region.

Friday evening our guest speaker will be author and Paflyfish member Dwight "Troutbert" Landis. Dwight is best known for his book, Trout Streams of Pennsylvania: An Angler's Guide and shared an interview with me a few years ago that can be found here. Dwight will be speaking about Spring Creek starting at 10:00 PM.

We have several friends of the Paflyfish helping support the weekend with a raffle on Saturday night. Proceeds from the raffle will go to Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp.

Moderator Dave "Fishidot" Weaver will be working on and then donating one of his wonderful watercolor fly fishing paintings.

Benchcsoult.jpg
Coty "csoult" Soult a member on the site has been gracious enough to make a beautiful fly tying bench made of red oak and birds eye maple. There is plenty of spots to hold your tools and all your thread. The drawer has 5 compartments with a twist lock latch.

The team at Allen Flyfishing has sent over several rods to demo and part of the raffle. For the weekend they have included some 5, 3 and 2 weight ATS Series and XA rods. See Dave Kile to try out some of these rods.

Cutthrout Leaders is the newest sponsor to the site and has packaged up some of their fine leaders as well.

Harman's North Fork Cottages has provided a gift certificate to stay one of their luxury log cabins for a two night stay.

It is a pretty busy weekend with a lot more details found here and in the forum here.

ryguyfi
I can't wait. This is the best part of my trout fishing every year. Great streams, and great company. Hopefully we won't be fishing in the chocolate milk this year. Looks like we might get some good luck in the rain department for once. It'll be good to see everyone again and catch up. There's no way I'm getting any work done in the next 4 days either!

Ryan

Last edited:
ryguyfi
I can't wait. This is the best part of my trout fishing every year. Great streams, and great company. Hopefully we won't be fishing in the chocolate milk this year. Looks like we might get some good luck in the rain department for once. It'll be good to see everyone again and catch up. There's no way I'm getting any work done in the next 4 days either!

Ryan

Last edited:
ryguyfi

Ryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back