Wedding on Poe Paddy Bridge Saturday

McSneek

McSneek

Anyone else witness that bizarre wedding on the Poe Paddy bridge mid afternoon in the rain yesterday? I know myself and a bunch of other guys and some walkers were all held up waiting for the ceremony to end so we could cross. I've seen plenty of strange stuff while fishing but this may have taken the cake.

I was not out there so I did not witness the wedding but I know of at least one other fly fisherman getting married back at Penns. My father did the ceremony and Jonas from the Feathered Hook was the best man.

In 2005, I saw couple getting married on a big flat boulder out in the middle of the Middle Fork of the Little Pigeon River in GSMNP as I was driving by.

Takes all kinds, multiple-use resource, one man's pocket water is another man's Church, etc., etc.

jifigz wrote:
I was not out there so I did not witness the wedding but I know of at least one other fly fisherman getting married back at Penns.

Nothing about this wedding suggested that anyone involved had anything to do with fly fishing.

McSneek wrote:
jifigz wrote:
I was not out there so I did not witness the wedding but I know of at least one other fly fisherman getting married back at Penns.

Nothing about this wedding suggested that anyone involved had anything to do with fly fishing.

Lol true enough. The power of assumption and association. It is just a beautiful place to be for many reasons. I vote backpacking and fly fishing are the two best reasons though.

The first PAFF Jam was centered around a wedding that took place on Penns at Inglebey when Jeff F and Shelby were married. Quite the time.

McSneek wrote:
I've seen plenty of strange stuff while fishing but this may have taken the cake.

LOL... the wedding cake that is. I like the idea of getting married at a favorite trout stream. How about getting married IN a trout stream. The whole wedding party in waders.

After a quick exchange of rings...
"The bride and groom may now cast."

I once came across a born again mass baptism ceremony of sorts on Swatara Creek in northern Lebanon County. They even had a guy 50 yards upstream around the bend directing yakkers, and myself who was wade fishing around them. I got out, walked the road that parallels the stream there, and got back in about 50 yards downstream and continued with my fishing. It wasn't a big deal. I did see a couple of kayakers have to carry their boats around though.

I believe it was Hook_Jaw taking the plunge up there on Penns. Hopefully he didn't get foul-hooked and everything turns out fine.

Let me know when your coming afishinado I'll show you around.

The best thing about Fly fishing is, "When your done with your catch, you can put her back in the water!"

lol

PennypackFlyer wrote:
The best thing about Fly fishing is, "When your done with your catch, you can put her back in the water!"

thanks,needed that.lol

Thirty years ago or so there was a guy from up the mountain here that got married in a rattlesnake pit out at the Sportsman's Snake Roundup.

His dad was best man. He stood in there like poor old Kaw-Liga, the sweat just runnin' down his face...

Back