WATERPROOF CAM UNDER 200

I think the Pentax and Olympus models are the best because of their size quality and simplicity.

I actually use my Olympus for most of the pics I put on the site.

This first pic is why I want a 2 weight. Special occassions.

Attachments

• Little wild rainbow.JPG
    Little wild rainbow.JPG
    437 KB · Views: 2
  • Starucca Rainbow.JPG
    Starucca Rainbow.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 2
olympus SW is the way to go...

the older ones were better
the 720 was my favorite
the 1030s are prone to leaking
1050 is not really designed for hard use
the 8000 is working nicely... a bit heavy, but great

look at the specs and don't be fooled by the gimmick features

buy a float strap!

i have had one for a couple of years now...actually it was an excuse to get one cause my other half likes to scuba dive but i use it 100 % of the time fishing check ebay out they have some really good deals on there!

I have this camera from Sanyo Sanyo Xacti VPC-E2. I am very impressed with the video and still quality. I got it for taking pictures over here in Iraq I figured waterproof meant dust proof and it has seen some drops and other stuff. I took it with me on a boating trip and to the beach with my children and it is still ticking. I paid 179 for it. Takes standard SD cards.

MrAganPBR,

I bought my wife a Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA9 Dual Camera for Christmas. So far, we are really pleased with it. It takes 720P HD Video, takes 9 mega pixel stills, and is waterproof to 1.5 meters (5 ft.).

I think you made a good choice in camera. I hope your time in Iraq is relatively uneventful. Thanks for your service and come home safe!

I got the fujifilm finepix z33 waterproof camera for christmas. Def wasn't expecting it. I'll give an update on the performance after I give it a test run.

It doesn't look like this one does it?

They say pink is the new black though right?

Attachments

• ryguy-camera.gif
    ryguy-camera.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
I've been using an oly 720SW very hard for the past 4 years and no leaks. And thats without maintinence. Very surprised by the durability. Image quality leaves a bit to be desired, though.

If you can bust your buget by $50 or so I'd check out the Panasonic TS1

Back