Water seems a little low. Can anyone confirm?

tomgamber

tomgamber

Screenshot 2022 07 26 20 30 33 4402
FB IMG 1658881755861

What bridge is that?

Is it over Sinnemahoning Creek?

Yes. Creeks are low. But that picture is misleading. The creek isn’t actually dry. 50% of the bridge with the flowing channel underneath it is hidden on picture left and outside of the shot. The dry stream bed you see is a slow, shallow side channel during higher flows.

Sinnemahoning was flowing at about 30 cfs (very low, but far from dry) before this last round of Tstorms. It’s now at 175 (roughly its statistical median for this date) and falling. FWIW.

Last edited:
I have a camp on the river. I've seen it lower believe it or not. It was kind of a tongue in cheek post. But yeah, its really low. I'm near the take out and I used to get a kick out of watching people drag their yaks and conoes the last 400 yards or so.

I have a camp on the river. I've seen it lower believe it or not. It was kind of a tongue in cheek post. But yeah, its really low. I'm near the take out and I used to get a kick out of watching people drag their yaks and conoes the last 400 yards or so.
Yeah-not "literal", just a funny post! I thought it was funny, anyway, Tom!

Also, NCPA is having a very different summer than Southern WV! It's raining constantly here. Hard to keep up w/ the yard, hard to get out fishing because creeks are borderline blown out...should be an EXCELLENT Fall!

Back