Water rape

2 more water removal site this time on martins creek witch feeds in to the Tunkhannock creek in Nicholson pa(Wyoming county)That's 9 total.

Water used in natural gas production Susquehanna river main stem 3,500,204,977 Wyalusing Creek 844,954,917 Tunkhannock Creek 789,601,068 Gallons 2008 to 2013

Not trying to defend fracking but those numbers above are meaningless. For that time period, what percentage of the total flow in those bodies of water was used? Sure it's a lot of gallons, but what's actually flowing in those rivers could dwarf that amount. I'm betting less than one percent.

Farmer Dave said: I can't say I was particularly "bothered" by it this time because misuse of words is so common these days.

Glad I am not the only one who notices such things. Misuse of the word "issue" as a substitute for "problem" would be a great example.

Mike wrote:
Farmer Dave said: I can't say I was particularly "bothered" by it this time because misuse of words is so common these days.

Glad I am not the only one who notices such things. Misuse of the word "issue" as a substitute for "problem" would be a great example.

Once again, that is not another misuse of a word. It depends on what the problem is and "issue" may be a very fitting word. By the modern dictionary neither one of these words or the usage is deemed archaic. Yes, I understand what your average person takes them to mean but that doesn't mean that using them this way is wrong.....it isn't.

And I only make this point because i have a degree in English/creative writing. Using words this way is what makes language poignant and what also allows for expression.

Expression and clear communication don't necessarily go hand in hand. Issues and problems are not synonymous and for good reason. An issue is something that is debatable; a problem is not.

Mike wrote:
Expression and clear communication don't necessarily go hand in hand. Issues and problems are not synonymous and for good reason. An issue is something that is debatable; a problem is not.

That would depend on your point of view. If it's a problem for one person but another doesn't see it as a problem, it's an issue. :-D :-D

I bet that people would be freaking if they where taking that much water out of places like the lackawanna,Little J,fishing creek and valley.If i could i would change the heading but i cant so be it.

Back