Warmwater streams in NEPA?

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

Anyone know of any good warmwater (bass/panfish/carp) streams in NEPA? looking to do more warmwater fishing this year, and with no access to any kind of watercraft, smaller, wadeable streams would be preferable (even though I wade the Susky alot...), also, any good access points on the main branch of Tunkhannock Creek?

Tunkhannock Creek near town.
Lower part of Lackawanna.
I fished the Lehigh for some SM, don't know it really well.
Wyalusing Creek

sholgate wrote:
Tunkhannock Creek near town.
Lower part of Lackawanna.
I fished the Lehigh for some SM, don't know it really well.
Wyalusing Creek

know of any good access points on Tunkhannock creek? Also, which part of the lower Lackawanna? I live about 5 miles from the mouth of the Lackawanna, and I know the last mile or so is heavily contaminated by AMD, so from around Taylor to Old Forge/ Duryea/ Dupont?

Contaminated. I don't eat and keep any of the fish to eat.

Tunkhannock Creek is decent just east of the rt 29 bridge. Park at Gay's Hardware and walk in from there. If the water is high, getting down to the steam is pretty tough.

There is places to park near the new by-pass bridge (rt 92) and walk in from the south side. Most of the larger game warm water fish will be between those two bridges.

I just though of another cool place near the mouth of Bowman Creek is interesting too.

How about some good carp waters, as a carp on the fly is high on the list for this season.Pike and Muskies are also up there, but unlikely...

Take 81 to Exit 206 (Rt. 374). Travel East to Rock Creek Golf Course and park at the old Sr2021 bridge. Walk down the embankment and enjoy.

Wyalusing Creek is very good from the Taylorville Bridge downstream to SR 6.

The Towanda Creek is excellent from US 220 in Monroeton, PA to Airport Road.

Wysox Creek is good from SR 6 to the river. Sugar Run from 187 to the river....

I do enjoy the Tunkhannock from the power station both up and down stream to each bridge. However, last time I was at the power substation they had posted signs up... but just go upstream to the bridge before Shadowbrook and wade in.

Back