Warmwater fishing - Saturday 7/17

wgmiller

wgmiller

Wife and the kids are heading upstate and Saturday falls between my work shifts. Looking to get out and do some warmwater fishing Saturday.

Probably won't drive any more than 30-45 minutes from Mount Joy, but if anyone's interested in hooking up, give me a shout. Could hit Chiques, the Susky, Cocalico, Hammer, etc. Not particular when it comes to tossing some line...

What time during the day? I'm more of a evening person.

Evening is fine. It's supposed to be hot tomorrow and I usually prefer to fish morning or evening anyway. I'll try to figure out a place to go...

I don't care if we chase carp, bass or any other warmwater fish. I don't know any good warmwater spots or else Id suggest some.

If you gentlemen haven't decided where to go and have access to watercraft, may I suggest Speedwell Forge to chase carp? They've been hanging in the shallows, and while spooky, can be caught on small buggers and larger nymphs. Good luck.

peace-tony c.

I do have a kayak, but don't have a car to haul it - the rack is on my wife's car :-( Load bars for mine are imminent however!

I floated Speedwell a few weeks back before the rains and it was pretty 'stagnant'. Didn't see much activity in the shallows, but did vow to return.

As far as today goes, Bassistjon had to cancel, so I did some 'recon' on the Swatty. Didn't come up with a whole lot, but wasn't really into messing around in this heat with waders. From what I saw, that stream would be best fished from a watercraft.

what area of the swatara did you hit?
waders are not needed for this creek. this time of the year it's running in the upper 70*s to lower 80*s. felt soles are nice for it though. you'll spend more time walking even a canoe than floating now.
it has many accesses, but the fish are not normally found by them. usually a short walk is all that's needed to find them....with most of the nicer fish father from the access.
i have been chasing the bass in it for all but twenty years now.

I didn't end up fishing it. Did some recon around Hummelstown, but that's about it. Would really like to explore the length of the stream sometime...

Back