Warm Water/Smallie Jam??

Sal and I talked about a WW Jam down here in Lancaster but we never got it rolling. Lancaster is filled with great WW fishing. I'll think this over a bit, the QG (March Brown) Summit is my "organized" jam, but doing one in my back yard for a hot summer Saturday wouldn't be so bad.

How about the Lehigh or the Delaware?
If this materializes, count me in.

If you can not catch smallies on the Delaware or Lehigh there is something wrong.

How wadeable is the Lehigh or the Delaware? I personally don't have a kayak or any type of water craft so wading is my only option. I could probably borrow one from a friend for a jam.....

You can catch them on the Lehigh and Big D, but nothing like the New or James. Down there a guy can still catch 50-100/day on poppers aand streamers, and several are likely to be 4#+.

Surf,

Like we talked...end of June...on my docket...head for the hills!

If I head to the New or the James. Small mouth aint on the radar for me. Those are 1st class musky rivers.

Indeed. But they don't jam on a hot summer day. You need to be there right now.

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
If I head to the New or the James. Small mouth aint on the radar for me. Those are 1st class musky rivers.

May take my 10wt for some brown lining....:p

You are right this is the peek time in VA. Alot like our months of sept & oct. Muskys dont stop eating because of the heat.

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
You are right this is the peek time in VA. Alot like our months of sept & oct. Muskys dont stop eating because of the heat.

Maybe so but that Toothy Critter Success thread got mighty stale over the summer last year .

Yeah it did and anyone that's musky fished with gear or other wise knows that's the way musky fishing is. There not like trout, bass or carp. Ya take more than your lumps and keep throwing.

Hey Paco - you should come to the spring jam in May and bring TD55 and your toothy buddies. The campground is just up the road from Lewistown and the Juniata River. If you're not familiar with the area, it's a good muskie river and I can give you some good spots to wade

(Assuming you'd rather chase muskies than trout). :)

Trust me, down South, they stop eating due to the heat. They just stage up at creek mouths during the nights and sulk. I'm sure they eat on occasion, but definitely not much in daylight. IT GETS HOT.

Back