Warm Water Hotspots?

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I'll be in Central PA in Sep & Oct. I am lined out, (pun intended), for trout waters.

What I'd like are some general areas where I might bank fish, (I've got no boat... yet), for panfish, crappies & etc.

I don't need the location of your honey hole if you don't want to share it, but general locations and/or bodies of water would be appreciated. Thanks.

regards,

Uncle Shorty

UncleShorty wrote:
What I'd like are some general areas where I might bank fish, (I've got no boat... yet), for panfish, crappies & etc.
Uncle Shorty

US,
Central PA is a big area but there are many lakes such as Raystown, Colyer Lake, Marburg, Blanchard, Pinchot, etc that are on public land where you can fish. Check out the many state parks in central PA as many of them have small lakes with panfish.

While I fish a lot for WW species, it is more on creeks and rivers. Most of my lake fishing is in the springtime when panfish and such are in shallow waters.

Don't rule out rivers such as the Juniata system. If you can wade, there are sunfish and rock bass available in these rivers and they are in much shallower water during the months you're visiting. If you really want crappies, you will likely want to stick to the lakes however and panfish, including crappies, will mostly be in deeper water.

(This thread will be moved to the WW forum shortly)

You can wet wade the juniata in many places right now successfully. Which part of central pa?

" Which part of central pa?"

Up the mountain from Altoona...

Fish the Juniata River for smallmouth.

agree with the juniata

Juniata/little J/frankstown branch right now fishing is good, if we get clouded up/some rain. It's been real clear around there the past few weeks. Lake fishing has been good though.

Back