Wanted to Buy - Used Waders and Wading Boots - for my Grandson

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

I’dblike to buy a decent pair of waders and wading boots for my grandson to replace ones that I lost in a fire this past summer.

My preference is to find something used that is in good shape, but not spend a ton of money since he’s still growing - he’s 15 yrs old now, 6’ tall, and wears size 13 shoes. So, he’d probably need Large or Extra Large (pretty long legs) waders, and size 13, or preferably size 14 wading boots.

Please let me know if you have something that fits the bill. If you are in within a reasonable distance from Lancaster I could possibly pick it up. Otherwise, it would need to be shipped.

Anyone have something that would suit, please email me at:

Flyfisher_17557@yahoo.com

Thanks, John

mt_flyfisher wrote:
he’s 15 yrs old now, 6’ tall, and wears size 13 shoes. So, he’d probably need Large or Extra Large (pretty long legs) waders,

If he's at all skinny, XL are going to be super baggy on him. Large may be too baggy too depending on brand/cut.

Thanks for the observation, PennKev. His waist is trim - don’t we wish we were still that way? - but his shoulders are broad. I agree on the XL potentially being baggy, but depending on the brand, he’s had to get that size on other clothing items.

I've got Orvis neoprene waders. Bought them back in the late 80's and they've only been worn half a dozen times. Stored in a cool basement all these years. Think they are Lg Longs. I'm 6'3" and back then about 190. I've also got a pair of size 14 Chota wading shoes felt soles with studs. I can't fit into the waders and the shoes will probably never see the light of day again. If your interested your grandson can have them for the cost of shipping.

Maxdog -

What a wonderful offer!

I’ve sent you a Private message here on the forum.

John

Back