Walt's Worm

That is some nice looking dubbing. How good does it dub on the thread ?

Outstanding, it's made from a blend of hare, squirrel, rabbit and opossum. Multi hued, and textured, very nice...

I had never heard of the WW before last nov. With a little digging I opted for the Utah Killer bug version.

Its easier to tie (faster) and catches a pile of fish.

The grayling up here are tearing it up as well...ironically it was originally dubbed the 'grayling killer bug' originally...its living up to its name well!

Good luck finding the chadwick 477 yarn, I did buy the Shetland yarn. I need to order a dozen skeens of this, should last me a lifetime. Maybe!

Under wrapped some with red wire for weight and color, cant say it fishes any better/worse than those without so from here out I'm going without. I did use a light pink thread for the head and tied it traditionally (no wire like the tenkara guys are doing).

I like dubbing, but I like cranking effective flies as well. This one works great and is crazy fast to tie. There's no need to mark it up with markers as is said in some readings...but I'm sure it works well, just as the underbody of wire in different colors.. The spindrift in oyster is a rocking color! Without dubbing you can tie 2 maybe 3 to 1 dubbed ww. Did I say I hate dubbing LOL! Ok I really don't, sometimes ;)!

Try a WW in purple. I use the UV purple dubbing.

Back