waist pack

wish that fishpond belt is smaller. way too big. i may have to go the route of what @Bamboozle is using.

Many, many moons ago I was particularly keen on a waist belt with pouches that Fishpond offered but I wanted to buy separate extra pouches to configure it the way I wanted and add or subtract pouches as needed.

I contacted the company, even spoke to the head muckety-muck but was informed that wasn't possible because their stuff wasn't made by them.

That when I decided to go the non-fishing separate belt/separate pouch route and I never looked back...

I have the regular (non convertable) patagonia stealth vest and it has way more space and 2 big pouches on the back. I love it.

My friend has the fishpond waist pack with the belt and I tried it out. Like others here said the belt is huge and kind of sucks. Plus I wade too deep for that.

I did a chest pack for years and while it was convenient I found it hotter in the summertime than a vest.
20240703 094119
20240703 094210

It has this pass-through on the back that I love for my water bottle.

20240703 094301

I have the regular (non convertable) patagonia stealth vest and it has way more space and 2 big pouches on the back. I love it.

My friend has the fishpond waist pack with the belt and I tried it out. Like others here said the belt is huge and kind of sucks. Plus I wade too deep for that.

I did a chest pack for years and while it was convenient I found it hotter in the summertime than a vest.
View attachment 1641236865View attachment 1641236866

It has this pass-through on the back that I love for my water bottle.

View attachment 1641236867

that is a great vest, i was originally looking to buy it last year and settled on the lightweight version.

i really like my patagonia stealth vest. it is fantastic. for shorter fishing trips (no more than a mile hike),it is lightweight and great.

because of my shoulder, i wanted to move that weight away from shoulder to waist system (sturdy and doesn't flop around when hiking and crawling through brush). otherwise i would probably have moved to another vest with better capacity.

Back