Waist high breathables

RCFetter wrote:
I'm in the market for waist highs and I'm considering Cabelas breathable for $119.

What I wear and I love them. You may have trouble finding them right now. A friend went to Cabela's a few days ago and they didn't have them, and apparently were not available from any other stores.

I originally wrote waist high's and roll them down. I meant chest high's and roll them down.

I wears chest high and roll them down as well, best of both worlds.

You may have trouble finding them right now. A friend went to Cabela's a few days ago and they didn't have them, and apparently were not available from any other stores.

Thanks for the heads up Outsider. I was going to drive out to Cabelas today. I checked online and learned they are on backorder.

Bass Pro has similar waist highs at $89 but I never bought anything them.

RC ,I agree. Cabelas waist highs. They warranted my last pair with a new pair when I had a leek problem. Gg

Tim, I can use my chest highs but I'm thinking waist high would be cooler and more convenient. However I not certain its the way to go and that's why I posted the question.

Check out the "convertible" waders that fold down to use as waist highs and can be converted to chest highs when needed. I have been using them for quite a while and find them to work great, especially in the warmer weather.

Sportsman's Liquidators in Hanover has Hodgeman waisthigh breathable waders (large only) for $49.99. Picked a pair up last week.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/72817?feat=waders-SR0&attrValue_0=Mountain%20Green

I have a pair of the emergers the first series, got them for 80 or 100 bucks, definitely nice when I used them in the warmer weather with no bulk of rolling down the chest waders...

I don't think Hodgeman makes waste high any more so that explains the sale. Also, they do not carry stocking foot hip boots.

Funny I started using waist highs and now my waders are back ups. One thing they are better for small streams than chest waders.

The sportsman liquidators in hanover like ztroutman said has some pretty nice waist highs. The waist highs they have on sale seem very nice for the cheap price of $49.99. My father got a pair, and I would have got some for myself if I didn't have a size 30 waist.

I've worn waist high wader solely for about three years now and love them. I can't really see myself going back to chest waders.

My first pair were a pair of Cabela's Gold Medal's that lasted two years. I liked them. They were comfortable and I felt I got my money's worth out of them.

I'm currently wearing a pair of Dan Bailey's that I purchased this year. I love them. They fit me a whole lot better than my previous pair and have some really nice features like velcro close, built-in gravel guards; a very functional built in wader belt and best of all pockets! There are two pockets in them, located pretty much were the front pockets are located on a pair of jeans, and I find that feature incredibly useful.

Back