Wading stafff

Multitasking staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKUQf5TCuM

I've been using the same Orvis collapsible 'ripcord' wading staff for 7 years now, extensively. my home water is the Lackawaxen river, a tough wading river ~ and I use my staff every time that I fish. The staff has also been used heavily on 4 different trips to Norther CA to fish the Upper Sacramento and McCloud Rivers - both of which are notoriously tough wading rivers (especially the McCloud). The staff has held up fantastically and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good product.

Folstaff. I don't leave home without it and haven't in 30 years. I have lousy balance so I use it pretty much on every sized stream.

And yes parafin the joints! Mine are currently stuck together cause I was neglectful. :(

pratt wrote:
I've been using the same Orvis collapsible 'ripcord' wading staff for 7 years now, extensively. my home water is the Lackawaxen river, a tough wading river ~ and I use my staff every time that I fish. The staff has also been used heavily on 4 different trips to Norther CA to fish the Upper Sacramento and McCloud Rivers - both of which are notoriously tough wading rivers (especially the McCloud). The staff has held up fantastically and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good product.

Mine is ugly looking but still gets the job done. Couldn't recommend the orvis one more.

I use my staff very rarely. It's a Hodgeman folding staff that I bought 16 years ago. I know they don't make it anymore. It has a nice cork handle and is very solid when extended. I just recently used it on a local well known limestoner that is famous for it's slippery bottom and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked for me. I think maybe I will start using it more often. It really does make wading a lot easier. What ever staff you decide to get make sure it feels solid when unfolded and attach it to you with some sort of lanyard.

Back