Wading Pant Suggestions

K

kissell59

Hey all,

Looking to purchase a new pair of wading pants as my current paramount outdoor fast eddie pants are leaking after their second use. Unfortunately, paramount outdoors is not responding to any emails regarding warranty options so likely moving on to a different company. I have tried the Simms freestone wading pants but due to their sizing I decided to return them. L 9-11 were extremely tight on my quads and calves, and the XL 9-11 was like a dress, and they don't make the freestones in a Large King like the G3s (which I'm not sure I want to spend 600 on). Has anyone had a good experience with other companies that offer wading pants for example dryft, redington, 8fans, etc.? Thanks for any input given!

Going on my 4th season with my dryft wading pants and still no leaks. I bushwhack and fish hard in them too.

Going on my 4th season with my dryft wading pants and still no leaks. I bushwhack and fish hard in them too.
which ones do you have, session or seekers? Also how is the sizing?

which ones do you have, session or seekers? Also how is the sizing?
I have the seekr pants. The sizing isn't perfect for me, but no waders fit me great. I'm 6'3" with a size 14 foot and a 34" waist. The large long fits me in the foot and length-wise, but the waist is a bit big. I used suspenders on them for awhile, but the belt is neoprene and a bit stretchy, so it's comfortable enough to just cinch that down. I'd say the sizing chart on the website is accurate and the amount of material in the crotch, calves, and seat are all generous. I'd be really surprised if you experienced any tightness. They don't restrict my range of motion at all.

I have the seekr pants. The sizing isn't perfect for me, but no waders fit me great. I'm 6'3" with a size 14 foot and a 34" waist. The large long fits me in the foot and length-wise, but the waist is a bit big. I used suspenders on them for awhile, but the belt is neoprene and a bit stretchy, so it's comfortable enough to just cinch that down. I'd say the sizing chart on the website is accurate and the amount of material in the crotch, calves, and seat are all generous. I'd be really surprised if you experienced any tightness. They don't restrict my range of motion at all.
ok thank you for the input!

I have Patagonia's swiftcurrent wading pants. The fit is a little funky - they don't open up in the front so you have to kind of slide them up and shimmy your way in. But once they're on they feel good. I've only had them for a few months so can't testify to how they will wear but the construction seems pretty solid.

i went with the Dryft Session GD wading pants. i'm 6'3" 240lbs with a size 15 foot. i got the 2XL --- it had the largest foot/bootie size. i love them. foot size fits great. has a zipper. integrated belt and outside zip pocket and inside security pockets. integrated gravel guards. totally comfortable. they do have some "graphics" on the back pockets that i could do with out, but im ok with ( do these pockets make my $#% look too big??). i am really impressed with them ... and the 2 young guys who started this company are serious fisherman and have a cool story.

Back