Wading jacket

rj32s

rj32s

Hey, guys.

I'm looking for recommendations on a nice fall / winter wading jacket. I really like the Orvis tailwater jacket but its entirely too expensive. I'm looking for a nice jacket to wear as an outside layer for steelhead in Erie.

I normally layer a bit and a light medium jacket seems to work well.

Ideally between 100-150 bucks would be great.

What do you use?

I have the LLBean Emerger jacket and really like it.

Last winter, I paid $129 at Sierra Trading Post for a Wright & McGill Bighorn Wading Jacket. Roomy cut so it's easy to move in and to layer under. Good cuffs to keep out (most) of the water when you get your forearms into the river. Hood big enough to fit over fishing hat. Great weatherproofing. Nice, big flybox pockets high on chest. "Handwarmer" slash pockets that I often get soaked. And, it looks righteous on the river or in a "Fisherman's Refreshment Zone."

As you might have inferred -- I really like this jacket.

Mike

Try Cabelas. They had a gore-tex one on sale in the spirng. Regular price was 229 and my buddy picked it up for 99.

I use a north face outer shell that I have been using for 8 years and it is great. in the winter I will put a fleece on underneath and wear a windproof rain jacket over the north face and I am good to go. the nf jacket was just over 100 bucks.

Back