Wading Jacket

Anyone who fishes the delaware knows what a wading jacket is. They are invaluable in the spring and even in the summer months in the evening when the sun goes down and you are wading in sub 50 degree water. Also anyone who steelhead fishes would have a wading jacket.

When steelhead fishing, I wear an insulated hunting jacket. I want insulation when it's that cold.

did someone say steelhead????? :-D

Chaz,

I highly doubt you get on the water enough to make that statement unless you are about 80 years old then maybe.

pcray1231 wrote:
When steelhead fishing, I wear an insulated hunting jacket. I want insulation when it's that cold.

I agree you want insulation but I wear insulated tech wear under my wading jacket. Snow/sleet/freezing rain is prime steelheading weather and a wading jacket is a must in my opinoin under those conditions.

Umm, hunting jackets are pretty technical. Mine is one of those 4 in one dealios.

The shell is a microfleece surface with goretex, waterproof and breathable. It can be worn as an uninsulated jacket.

The liner is basically thinsulate sandwiched between two pieces of fleece, and only goes down to the waste.

Normally, when hunting you would zip the liner to the shell to make an insulated parka. But when fishing, I wear them as separate pieces, the liner inside the waders, and the shell outside. The shell is a little long for a wading jacket, it's parka length. But you can wade over it with no problems.

I highly doubt you get on the water enough to make that statement unless you are about 80 years old then maybe.

You'd be surprised how much that guy fishes and at an age under 80 years old.

Back