Wading boots that stand up to hiking.

I purchased the vapors. I have one short trip under my belt so far, and as much as I can say from one trip is I like them, I found myself slipping much less (vibram soles, currently without studs) and they were study, light, and comfortable. They also seemed to air dry quicker in the house compared to my old pair, so that should help with longevity.

Two more trips and so far so good. The vibram is a little slippery on slimey rocks (what isn't), gona wear them a while longer then throw the studs on to compare.

BrooksAndHooks wrote:
The vibrate is a little slippery on slimey rocks (what isn't), gona wear them a while longer then throw the studs on to compare.

I have a year and a half on mine.
I put 7 Simms studs on each boot. They stick to the riverbeds that I fish like glue. No stud loss, yet

Thanks for sharing, gutcutter. I will be studding them up soon.

Two more trips, caught a few fish, still pretty good. Slimey rocks are slippery. Studs should help.

So quite a few more trips, and about a week or two ago I added the kold kutter studs to my boots. WOW. what an insane difference. The vibram was nice before, but the studs made the boots perfect. I am super happy now. I also have about 230 more studs to use/give to friends now too. great deal on them.

Back