Waders

I've had the L.L. Bean Rapid River waders for nearly a year, and I fish a LOT(!). Almost every trip involves waders, and the Rapid River
waders still look brand new. As Tim said, they fit well: I'm 6'1" and 190lbs. My size Large fit like a glove, even with a size 13 foot. Gear
like this gets judged by how it performs, and whether or not I notice I'm wearing it. It performs great: no leaks, and breathes MUCH better than previous brands of breathables. Last summer was awful with another brand, but this summer is great with Rapid Rivers. When I bought a Seiko Ti watch, the weight difference was incredible. I can't wear stainless steel watches now, and the Ti model can't be felt. Same with the Rapid River waders. The articulated legs make that 5-ply material feel like wearing a pair of slacks.

You'll like the Beans there pretty tough. and they will replace them if they start leaking. I just returned a pair of waders and a waist high set and got new gear.

I got My waist highs and boots from LL Bean.
I love them. Never again for cheap waders for me.
With the beans satisafaction guarantee, I will never have to buy another set of boots or waders again.
The waisties were 80.00 and the boots were 120.00
I opted for the mid grade boot because the waders were less cost than I originally anticipated. The chest highs are 150.00-200.00

mrwisker wrote:
With the beans satisafaction guarantee, I will never have to buy another set of boots or waders again.

Was debating on whether to post this or not, but I think the other side of this line of reasoning should be explored also. Waders (and boots for that matter) are not built and are not capable of being a life long piece of equipment...even the most expensive ones. Over time the seams stretch and/or tear, and the material loses it's ability to be waterproof...this is all normal wear/tear. If you've gotten "reasonable use" out of the products before this begins to happen, IMO Bean, or whoever the manufacturer, has met their satisfaction guarantee to you. Obviously "reasonable use" is a moving target based on the product and what you paid for it, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a set of waders or boots to last a lifetime. For a $200 combo, I think 2 years is pretty reasonable if they are used often, probably more like 3 or 4 years if they're just used a few times per year. If there's a problem or a leak in that time frame...heck yeah, take em' back.

Don't get me wrong...if you think spending $200 on a pair of waders/boots with a satisfaction guarantee entitles you to free waders/boots for life, that's your opinion, and you're free to take Bean up on their generosity, but IMO it's not the right thing to do and is taking advantage of the guarantee. I'm certain Bean knows this goes on and they still stand by this business practice, so I guess there's nothing wrong with taking them up on their offer...just not sure I'd do it if I felt I got my money's worth in terms of use of the product. I'd have to consider myself satisfied at that point and purchase another pair knowing that Bean would stand behind their guarantee in the event there was a problem with the new pair before I got "reasonable use" out of them.

Proceed with the waders discussion.

imo the bean life time guarantee is factored into their retail pricing. In all reality it probably costs 1/20th of the retail price for bean to have their gear made in some asian sweatshop.

joseywales wrote:
Cabelas does have lifetime warranty, just keep the receipt.

Caveat emptor.

You may want to do some light reading.

Back