waders

B

bugaboo

what would be a good pair of waders. Are the breathable pair a good pair for the money. Also what stores do you recommend?

Definitely breathable. A good pair can be had for between 100 and 150 (IMO). If you go for lower end waders as starters, also familiarize yourself with Aquaseal to take care of leaky seams. Love that aquaseal I do...(I definitely went with the low end waders)

Hey Ron,

Check out the Gear Talk section and search on waders. There were a couple of extensive threads on waders with some great recommendations and explanations.

Dave

bugaboo wrote:
what would be a good pair of waders. Are the breathable pair a good pair for the money. Also what stores do you recommend?

i was really looking into waders and i tried on field and stream which were huge on me. I'm about 170 and 6 foot. I went to LL Bean and bought their $150 waders and i love them. Very breathable but my toes do get a little chilly. Be sure to put some warm socks on. good luck

Ryan

This thread might get moved, but before it does..

I have the Simms Freestone, under $150.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/freestone_stockingfoot_12.html

these look like a new edition of them, more expensive, but a quick google search and I found plenty of the older ones:

Back