Waders and Wading Boots

I have a pair of Frogtogs....Got holes in them within a year....I still used them for quite some time. Was watching TV commercials about the "Flexable Rubber in a can." (That's the one that they spray the screen door and put it in the bottom of a boat and show it doesn't leak.) and thought... I'd try it out to see if it would work with waders. the truth is it did stop many of the leaks, but not all, and it made the waders really stiff and difficult to put on.
So if your thinking about this idea. Remember you heard it from me first.

Sweet. Waders patched with rubber in a can. That's style, man. 2 respect points to you. :)

My backup waders are Froggtoggs... I swear the first pair that I owned leaked the first time I set foot on the water and I don't mean a small leak.... no the entire right leg of my wader filled up with water. Sent them in under warranty and the new pair leaked badly after 3-4 outings.

I am pretty much done with Froggtoggs forever. I have heard other people have had good experiences with them. I wish I could say my experience was good.

silicone sealant in a tube will also work in a pinch, but it will eventually peel up.

My Frog Toggs have held up well for two years, maybe 100 trips. Only one really off trails, but that's where I got the pinholes. The Aquaseal has worked really well for a year, except some of the repairs began to peal within the last month.

Back