Wader Size Help

Wildbrowntrout

Wildbrowntrout

I'm a 14 year old kid with a size 10 bootfoot, but when I look at the wader sizes online, the chest and waist measurements are much larger than I am. Should I be looking for youth waders, (I'm fairly tall, just very skinny and the feet wouldn't fit, I don't think), or should I just buy the regular size 10 bootfoot waders? Once I put additional clothing on, I'm guessing they might fit. Thanks!

Are you only looking at bootfoot waders? What's your height, inseam and waist? Most stockingfoot waders come in a lot of sizes, one of which should probably fit you pretty well. At 14 you are still growing so you are probably going to outgrow them in a year anyways. Check the offerings at Cabelas.

My height is 5'5", inseam is 30", and waist is 29 1/2". Would I be able to use my old sneakers with the stockingfoot waders instead of wading boots? I was leaning toward the bootfoot for that reason.

Sneakers are not going to have much traction. Plus they have to be sized bigger to accommodate the wader feet. I am sending you a p.m.

I just went through the same thing with my 13yr old son. Not sure what your budget is but i found reddington crosswaters stockingfoot on amazon for $88 with free shipping in a medium. They may be a little big this season but will affiord him some growth. Hes 5 7" and skinny as a bean. I was more concerned about his foot so picked up a pair of cabelas lightweight boots on sale $65 in a size twice his shoe size. That set up was $150 total, but he had a gift card from xmas that knocked $50 off at Cabelas.

If I was you, I'd get adult sized waders. You'll grow.

The waders are going to be baggy at the chest anyway, that's just what waders look like.

While stocking foot waders and separate boots fits better and feels better, going with boot footed waders will save you a ton of money.

I got some large adult waders, with stockingfoot. "Caddis Systems" neoprene waders with matching boots, size 11. Pretty big right now, but like everybody said, I'll grow into them. Thanks for the info guys

Neoprene waders are going to get quite warm by late April.

Back