Wader Repair

bigjlup12

bigjlup12

Anyone have any ideas to repair a pinhole in my waders. There are breathable so that means they are made of polyester. I really need to get a new pair but I'm college student with no money. Just need to get to the summer then I can buy a new pair.

There are tons of different products that repair holes in waders. They normally range from $5 -- @ $15.

I think I have used aquaseal on the stock of my waders and it worked, but I have only wore them once afterwards -- I make my cheap friend who never bought waders wear them and they have never complained.

Most breathables come with a patch kit. For pinholes, use the seam tape which irons on the inside. As mentioned aquaseal is a good inexpensive product. You can get a small patch of polyester fabric, smear one side with aquaseal and "glue" it over the hole on the inside.

Zap-A-Dap-A-Goo II

Strong flexible adhesive/sealer. Bonds anything. Bonds can be cut with a razor knife. Great for all fix-it, mend-it, and stick-it jobs. 3-oz tube.

Loon Outdoors UV Wader Repair is what I like to use.

Take a flash light and your waders in a dark room. Run the flashlight on the inside and outside of the waders and look for holes. Mark them with a sharpie and start putting the stuff on.

This stuff cures in sunlight or with a UV light very quickly.

Put Isoproply alcohol in a sprayer. Turn the inside of your waders out. Spray the inside side of your wadders down with rubbing alcohol. Soon pin holes will begin to appear as little dark dots. Put a dab of silicon on you're index finger and cover the holes. You'll be as dry as my Grand Pappy's scalp in no time.

Thanks for all the help. I was at Bass Pro and bought a pair of Finley River waders because they were only $40. They will at least last me until I can get a good gortex pair.

Back