Wader recommendations

P

psummrnl

I currently live in MD and the state recently passed a law banning felt bottom waders which is effective MArch 20th. I'd like to get a new pair anyway. I am thinking about waist high lightweight stocking foots with a decent pair of studded boots that are built for longer hikes to more remote stream. Any suggestions? I'm working with a budget though, which is the catch, and leaves out my first choice of a pair of Dan Baileys. Open to all ideas, reviews, feedback....

I will vouch for Cloudveil gear. The company was recently purchased so I'm not sure what they are doing warranty wise but if you are a bigger dude, you could get a pair of these. They are guide weight and reinforced in all the right places. I am going on my 5th year with my pair and they are only now starting a very minor leak on one leg and I wear them very hard.

http://www.levelninesports.com/Cloudveil-8X-Pro-Wader-Men-S

You might be able to find other sizes elsewhere. I didnt do a broad search I just knew this company kept inventory. Level nine has other inventory in other models but these are the ones I can vouch for. I am guessing the worksmanship on the others is equal in quality. Just not sure of the warranty.

IMO, Dan Baileys are junk. I had mine less than 2 months and they started leaking in several areas. I emailed the company and they never got back to me. I have a new pair of Cloudveils that I picked up for $130 2 months ago. You might still be able to find them out there at a discount.

coudveil pulled out of the fishing industry last year
I had 3 pairs of 8Xpro waders... and they all leaked in a matter of months
all of their products can be found on the web for very CHEAP
but there is an issue of upholding the warranty

patagonia just came out with new waders and had a waist high model
redington has the sonicpro's in a waist high
simms makes a G3 convertable

I'm gonna plug LL Bean. Great warranty. Real nice waders.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/50073?feat=1109-GN2

i was in Bean today and waders are on sale.
everyone will have they're input on this, but I'd stay away from cabelas. LL bean is your best choice, imo, for the $$.
if you have the cash, get patagonias

Back