wader preference tighter or baggy

Hook_Jaw

Hook_Jaw

Was just curious on when choosing your waders if you like the more tighter fit or baggy. I used to have tighter fitting waders but I got a new pair and seem to like the baggier fit

Baggy can get annoying. I lost over 50lbs since buying my last pair of waders, and well, I liked them on the snugger side.

If you are going west and seriously wading big waters you definitely want form fitting-trust me on that.lol

I do a ton of walking so i hope they are ok

Well, honestly if I hook a BIG fish my waders always get a little snug anyways! ;)

Baggy

lol I bet

Baggy, so I can layer in the winter.

Somewhere in between.

Too tight and layering becomes an issue in winter.

Too big, and the crotch sits too low and it makes it difficult when taking high steps to step up on rocks and such.

Exactly right ^

I prefer a loose fit myself so I can layer in colder weather.

I just want my *** to look good for the ladies, so however they fit for that to happen, fine with me! :pint:

Baggy

I like the tighter fit, but I do not wear them in winter. For cold weather I still wear neoprene.

pete41 wrote:
If you are going west and seriously wading big waters you definitely want form fitting-trust me on that.lol

Dear Pete,

Believe it not, they make waders out of stuff other than 3 ply rubber nowadays.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Loose tending towards baggie because I need the space for layers and I wade long distances so I need those knees to articulate.

Back