Voluntary Fishing Permits

timmyt2 wrote:
What streams did they spend the money on and what were the individual projects completed? Saying they spent it on culvert removal is nice but it really doesnt tell me anything.

I guess you could ask them. Probably have a better idea than anyone here.

silverfox wrote:
I bought again this year. Glad this is working! IMO, $100,000 + in sales of a voluntary conservation permit is a success. It's $100,000 + more than they would have had and some of those projects probably wouldn't be happening if it weren't for the extra funds.
+1

Reading the announcement carefully would reveal that the money collected in 2019 was to be spent on 2020 projects. That’s logical; they did not know how much money would be generated and projects needed time to be developed.

tomgamber wrote:
I THINK I REMEMBER IDAHO NON-RES BEING ABOUT 100 BUCKS. I ALSO REMEMBER BEING ABLE TO BUY A NON RES FISHING /HUNTING LICENSE FOR A LITTLE OVER 200.

Idaho non resident you were able to pick the amount of days you wanted the license. 2 licenses for a week and a bunch of flies was like $65 so they were like $25 a piece for the week.

New York was similar, I bought it for like 3 or 4 days and it was around $21

drakeking412 wrote:
tomgamber wrote:
I THINK I REMEMBER IDAHO NON-RES BEING ABOUT 100 BUCKS. I ALSO REMEMBER BEING ABLE TO BUY A NON RES FISHING /HUNTING LICENSE FOR A LITTLE OVER 200.

Idaho non resident you were able to pick the amount of days you wanted the license. 2 licenses for a week and a bunch of flies was like $65 so they were like $25 a piece for the week.

New York was similar, I bought it for like 3 or 4 days and it was around $21

Yes, thats how i do it when I visit there but my price was annual. The comparison was for someone living in an adjacent state and whether if was worth it to buy a license in an adjoining state. Someone from NY (I think) suggested PAs license wasn't worth the price of an annual license.

I believe most states have a short term license like that. Thank goodness too.

Pa. license is : non resident, Erie Stamp ,and Trout Stamp.$68/year
NY is one license. $50/year. There are short term licenses for both States.
Florida: I fish for free due to OFS. Old Fart Status. GG

Bamboozle Posted on: Yesterday 16:36
FWIW - The permits ARE tax deductible if you want some incentive.

They may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution, but most people don't surpass the standard deduction. So making this contribution and saying it's deductible....the donor must know if they exceed the standard deduction. Again....most don't.

My point was, I really don't know how many people realize it is considered a tax deductible donation.

Those that do itemize often miss stuff like this and may be more inclined to make a additional donations like these, if there is an additional incentive.

drakeking412 wrote:
2 licenses for a week and a bunch of flies was like $65 so they were like $25 a piece for the week.

How much for the strong?

Here's a program funded by the Wild Trout fund >

https://www.facebook.com/pacoldwaterhabitat.troutunlimited

Awesome thank you for linking!

"Removing these barriers opened up 4.3 miles of brook trout habitat."

I fished this stream before the project. There were brook trout way upstream above the culverts.

They should strive for accuracy when describing these projects.

Tom,

Whoever that lady is in your photo is a way better pole vaulter than I ever was. Great form, awesome extension, pole position perfect, lots of strength needed do a handstand which was the position she was in a millisecond ago (if she had low hips they couldn’t be that high above the pole on dismount) She even gives the impression that her hand or forearm is going to pull her ponytail out of the way so it doesn’t contact the bar (something I never had to worry about).

That's my son. That should be about 14-6 he's clearing there. He's got a hair thing going on. He looks like Jesus if Jesus couldn't grow a beard any better than Sidney Crosby. Just graduated college. 4.0 in Math. Let me know if you know anyone hiring.

That hair thing is pretty easy to accept considering he achieved a 4.0 in math. Good for him!

Tom, My apologies to your son. I guess that old adage about assuming came back to bite me. Well my comments still hold true. Great form, extension, etc. He’s better than I was. 14-6 was probably the state record in my day. Highest I even saw anyone go was 12-9 or 13-0.

Is he interested in going the actuarial route? I was a math minor in college and the math majors all seemed to go that route. The insurance companies are pretty easy to identify but I have a few more ideas depending on the answer. You can just PM me if needed.

In the first photo, do you think that culvert looks impassable to brook trout?

Dwight im confused by your statement.
As an example, there are brook trout in each of the three sections on Glen Okono. Brook trout sure cant pass those 3 waterfalls.

Do you not think this project made brook trout migration easier for the fish?

Back