Vise maintenance

And no issues with corrosion or rust ?

none whatsoever

renzetti jaws are coated black anodize. shouldn't rust

1729846609880.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CRB
zip lock bag makes a cheap vise cover

I don't remember how long I have had this Renzetti vise. 12 years maybe? I do know that it has been sitting on this same bench since I bought it. 2 different houses over that period, I have been in my current house for 5 years.

Never once has the thought popped into my head to lube it, cover it, or even clean it outside of blowing the trimmings off of it, and it still looks like it did the day it came out of the box.

20241025_171717.jpg

I don't remember how long I have had this Renzetti vise. 12 years maybe? I do know that it has been sitting on this same bench since I bought it. 2 different houses over that period, I have been in my current house for 5 years.

Never once has the thought popped into my head to lube it, cover it, or even clean it outside of blowing the trimmings off of it, and it still looks like it did the day it came out of the box.

View attachment 1641238450
Thanks. Now I have to go clean my desk.

View attachment 1641238450
exactly

ive owned renzetti since 1988 and never cleaned them whatsoever

Wait you don’t want the Wd-40 to transfer to the flies and materials? You don’t like the smell? Or you are worried the fish don’t like the smell?
Pretty much all three , in that exact order lol. I don't want wd40 in my bedroom with my pregnant wife is the main one . It's also super tenacious smell and rubbing off wise I use it pretty much everyday at work and once it gets on something it stains /reeks

Just put a drop of oil on a piece of cloth and wipe the vice down once in awhile. You wont curl up in a fetal position. Some parts of a vice will show surface discoloration from handling in normal humidity. I have seen it. No big deal. This discussion is nonsense.

Just put a drop of oil on a piece of cloth and wipe the vice down once in awhile. You wont curl up in a fetal position. Some parts of a vice will show surface discoloration from handling in normal humidity. I have seen it. No big deal. This discussion is nonsense.
Any specific oil you use , just figured I'd ask since youre of such a strong opinion of it being nonsense you must have a product you like no ?

Back