Vintage Gordon Salmon Fly

SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Howdy All,

I'm looking for a someone who ties vintage salmon flies as I am interested in commissioning 3 traditional Gordons for gifts. Long story short my last name is Gordon and our family history and clan has a long tradition in fly fishing. From the famous Quill Gordon as well as helping to pioneer Spey Casting, we Gordons love to fish (and who doesn't?).

I plan to never fish these flies and to have them paired and framed with a high quality Quill Gordon as well. There are a few versions of the traditional Gordon and I like certain traits of just about all of them. If anyone knows of any other famous Gordon flies that would be awesome as well!

Check out the link below and please let me know any thoughts or input. Hope this finds you all well.

Cheers.

Gordon

It looks like the Gordon salmon fly allows for a good bit of variation in materials, which really helps as getting exotic or expensive materials is often difficult or just not worth the effort.

I'm decent at tying traditional salmon flies.

A better bet would be to send a PM to Eunenhendron as he does some beautiful work with salmon flies. Perhaps some other tyers will chime in.

Good luck with your project - sounds neat.

First person I thought of was Eunan Hendron. You may be able to get in touch with him through his blog and you can also see some of his work.

Here's the link:

Addicted to Vise

Cool project. Please show us the final product.

I think the guy at great feathers fly shop in MD does them or teaches a class.

Gents,

Thank you all so much for the great info and leads with this! Super stoked on it!

Cheers!

I can certainly help with your gordons - send me a message, either PM or addictedtovise@gmail.com

Eunan

Back