Van Reed Paper Mill Dam Removal Story

Good Lord, yesterday I drove up Papermill Rd for the first time. I always wondered why it was so choked with anglers, bikers and joggers from the dam to the covered bridge. That area is so built up, it answers any questions I might have had. I've always come in through Bernville which is mostly farms. I had no idea what was just over the hill. BTW, junction didn't look very appealing as I zipped by

Good Lord, yesterday I drove up Papermill Rd for the first time. I always wondered why it was so choked with anglers, bikers and joggers from the dam to the covered bridge. That area is so built up, it answers any questions I might have had. I've always come in through Bernville which is mostly farms. I had no idea what was just over the hill. BTW, junction didn't look very appealing as I zipped by

I havent been up there in 10 years and i was shocked how built up it was, i can only imagine what it look like now. I have some great memories with my Dad on that stream and that spot is one of them

Grings mills is a very popular park/ jogging/biking trail. Penn state berks campus is also situated right along side the Tully. Also looks like there is plans for a massive housing and shopping complex in the field across from the Target shopping center. I live very close and fishing it is some of the most relaxed fishing I do. No hour plus drive invested or fantasies in my mind of some unicorn fish. However plenty of opportunity for multiple species. I take my 2 year old to the park and catch smallies while he chums the water with gravel. I’d say the Coos flowing openly into the Tully definitely adds wild fish into the mix as well.

Back