Value Please

A

ab4usa

A local TU chapter is having a meet that includes sale of used gear. I want to sell some but don't know what a reasonable price is and I don't want to gouge anyone. I( have a St Croix Ultra 8 1/2 ft 4 wt with a TFO reel line and backing. All in very good condition. The rod is a 2002 I think. What would be a reasonable price to expect?

hard to say without seeing it..

I think the 50% of new rule is a fair way of pricing good to very good condition equipment. if it is a very highly sought after item then you up the percentage. your rod is selling for $224 new, on the St croix site.

Dear ab4usa,

You don't mention what reel you have but if it is in good condition and you have the rod tube for the St Croix it wouldn't be unfair to figure you are looking at about $ 150.00 worth of gear.

If you have a usable fly line you definitely have $150.00 plus worth of gear but you mentioned only backing on the reel.

Hope this helps!

Tim Murphy :)

If your done with it and it's in good shape price it at half and ****er from there. People price nice old boats at what they paid and let them rot year after year. Why let that rod and reel hang in the rafters. Price it to move and pocket the proceeds.

Back