Valley creek meet-up?

F

Fishingovergolf37

Hello all,

For the past couple weeks Shimedog (another member) and I have been meeting up to toss flies. Two weeks ago we went over to the Tully and had a solid day. I even fell in. Last Sunday we went up to the Po up off the turnpike and couldn't catch a cold but we gave it our best effort. This Sunday we were thinking of going over to Valley. Both of us are new to the board. Would be fun to meet more of you! Weather supposed to be chilly but maybe we'll catch some fish! It's nice to get out there regardless. We've been meeting around 10am. Open to suggestions on meeting spot. I know this is short notice, meant to post sooner. Hope everyone is doing well! Tight lines!

Zack & Jack (Shimedog)

Sounds fun, I live on the opposite side of the state in yinzerville, a barren wasteland for good trout fishing. If I was closer I would join you.

I second all of the above. Nothing I'd rather do than get out on the water... catching fish or not. Should be a fun day regardless.

I would be up for this but cannot make it on Sunday. Hopefully the water will still be up on Sunday following today's rain. Valley has been ridiculously low since the summer.

Fished Valley on Sunday as well. Must have just missed you, went early and was back on the road by 10am. I didn't have much luck. Saw a decent amount of people fishing along the creek, we started at Yellow Springs parking area and worked our way up. Did you have any luck? This was my first time fishing Valley Creek and wasn't sure what to expect this time of year...

Fished Valley on Sunday as well. Must have just missed you, went early and was back on the road by 10am. I didn't have much luck. Saw a decent amount of people fishing along the creek, we started at Yellow Springs parking area and worked our way up. Did you have any luck? This was my first time fishing Valley Creek and wasn't sure what to expect this time of year...
We started from the yellow springs lot as well… except we went down stream from the lot. It was also my first time on the creek but I was able to get almost a dozen. Lots of finger sized fish but ended the day with a really nice fish that we all took turns sight casting on. Zach also picked up a few, not sure how many Steve had.

Thinking about going out again this weekend. Have to see what everyone is up to and if anyone wants to go out.

Took a 30 minute lunch break on Valley today to take advantage of last night's rain. This is one of the nicer fish I've ever caught there.
IMG 0506heic
IMG 0508heic

wow thats a nice one. Like I said we saw some really nice fish and tried to sight cast on them but no luck pulling out the big dawgs. I was tempted to throw a slump buster but my midge seemed to do just as well.
6D4B2161 A337 4193 80D9 8F1D69CDB5BC 1 105 c

Here is the biggest fish we could get on Sunday

wow thats a nice one. Like I said we saw some really nice fish and tried to sight cast on them but no luck pulling out the big dawgs. I was tempted to throw a slump buster but my midge seemed to do just as well. View attachment 1641227672

Here is the biggest fish we could get on Sunday
I was also fishing midges. My friend broke his rod so we cut the day short. I would have loved to work the lower section a bit, I didn't even see a fish at any of the upper sections I worked (not that they weren't there but just didn't see much until after the 76 bridge overpass). Did you guys work down past the covered bridge?

Took a 30 minute lunch break on Valley today to take advantage of last night's rain. This is one of the nicer fish I've ever caught there.View attachment 1641227669View attachment 1641227670
That's a beautiful fish Clams, if you don't mind me asking what flies were you fishing? Looks like a larger fly size based on your pic. Hopefully next time I have some better luck.

I was also fishing midges. My friend broke his rod so we cut the day short. I would have loved to work the lower section a bit, I didn't even see a fish at any of the upper sections I worked (not that they weren't there but just didn't see much until after the 76 bridge overpass). Did you guys work down past the covered bridge?
We parked at the yellow springs lot, and essentially fished from the backyard of the house and downwards. Steve and I especially fished all the way down until it gets real narrow and right up against 252 I believe it would be. He said there was a few hundred more yards left but not much more than that. As for your post above that looks like a slumpbuster if I were to guess.

That's a beautiful fish Clams, if you don't mind me asking what flies were you fishing? Looks like a larger fly size based on your pic. Hopefully next time I have some better luck.
Just a small brown streamer, I think it's called a slump buster.

Hello all,

For the past couple weeks Shimedog (another member) and I have been meeting up to toss flies. Two weeks ago we went over to the Tully and had a solid day. I even fell in. Last Sunday we went up to the Po up off the turnpike and couldn't catch a cold but we gave it our best effort. This Sunday we were thinking of going over to Valley. Both of us are new to the board. Would be fun to meet more of you! Weather supposed to be chilly but maybe we'll catch some fish! It's nice to get out there regardless. We've been meeting around 10am. Open to suggestions on meeting spot. I know this is short notice, meant to post sooner. Hope everyone is doing well! Tight lines!

Zack & Jack (Shimedog)
Are you guys talking Sunday 20 ?
I might be interested since Valley is reasonably close to me.
I'm also a veteran at fishing Valley but I have left it alone since the summer.
Anyway I have caught some nice fish there. About now they should be sipping midges. I usually park in the General Knox lot. Let me know what's up.

Are you guys talking Sunday 20 ?
I might be interested since Valley is reasonably close to me.
I'm also a veteran at fishing Valley but I have left it alone since the summer.
Anyway I have caught some nice fish there. About now they should be sipping midges. I usually park in the General Knox lot. Let me know what's up.
Yes Paul, I was thinking about getting out again, either saturday or sunday. Whatever the people want. I PM'd a few guys but will open it up here. Clams warned me the fishing tends to slow down around 50 CFS or anytime without really recent rain. I am a noobie for sure on Valley. Let me know if you wanna get out.

Yes Paul, I was thinking about getting out again, either saturday or sunday. Whatever the people want. I PM'd a few guys but will open it up here. Clams warned me the fishing tends to slow down around 50 CFS or anytime without really recent rain. I am a noobie for sure on Valley. Let me know if you wanna get out.
That it does. That creek is incredibly hard in low/clear conditions. I am hesitant to fish it when it is low and clear as it is almost impossible to get anything out of it in those conditions.

Five dinks that, if lined up, would barely exceed the fish you caught. Hence, my silence.
With these beauties size is of little concern.

That it does. That creek is incredibly hard in low/clear conditions. I am hesitant to fish it when it is low and clear as it is almost impossible to get anything out of it in those conditions.
good to know. I was hoping to get out this weekend but might have to reconsider. Maybe not, it is real close to me and hard to beat a day out.

Back