UV Resin that doesn't change thread color

G

gibsygoldtop

Looking for a UV resin that doesn't change thread color when applied.

I have Loon Flow right now but when I make some thread bodies it changes it the color of the thread when applied. Mostly with olive and light brown threads.

Bone Dry work better?

Something else to try? Looking for a light UV, not a heavy one. Thanks!

Any thin(watery)UV resin is going to change your thread color. Because the thread absorbs the resin. If you were to put water on the thread the same thing would happen. My only suggestion would be to use a thicker resin. You can spread it thinly on the body. Bone Dry gets its name because it claims that it will not dry tacky. I've never used it but I assume it's a thin resin. Right now I'm using Solarez UV resin. The thin has the consistency of syrup. Here's an example of a head done with a thick UV resin.
Shad 2

The olive color is a permanent marker on white thread.
As far as a UV light goes, I've brought mine in either craft stores or places like Lowe's or Home Depot. They've worked on all of the UV resins I've used.

Thanks! I knew it was the "wetness" of it changing the thread color, but I will try your idea about a thicker UV. That may work better being thicker and maybe it won't absorb as fast before you can get the light on it.. I will report back!

It will most certainly change your color, I use Bone Dry, it darkens everything

Could always try a color preserve for it.

Back