Using Flickr to post pictures to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bocianka1

Bocianka1

Since Photobucket is useless now, i read in some of the postings that other members (like Dkile) are using Flickr to post to the forum. I started a Flickr account and tried it for the post i put up about the Kold Kutters for sale. But when i post the link it doesn't seem to show up. Is there some special trick?

I tried viewing the the image online, and cutting and pasting the link from their using the photo button up above and i get this (which to me only views as a "resize" message.
dateposted-public

I also tried using the Share (Arrow) button within Flickr which seems to generate a tiny URL of sorts but ended up with the same results when i used the photo button above to link it.

PXeNxq

Am i missing something?

thanks.

I did that. the square orange button above "size" is what i meant when i said that i used the photo button. I also skipped left or right and chose the default 300 as the size.

Am i missing something else? Is there some special settings in Flickr i need to enable?

Try#2 using an image on Flickr. Cutting and pasting the file location from the browser did not work. Using the flickr Share (arrow button) did not work. So i used the Flickr Share (arrow button) and went to the tab for "Embed" or "BBC Code". I cut and paste the info from both of those tabs into Microsoft Word and noticed they had a different https file location for the pictures.

when i copy and paste the embedded file location from the Word document into the photo upload link on the forum it seems to work.

test image below.

44626773934_3e59d85d6d.jpg

This seems like a complicated way to do this. i can't imagine i'm doing this the correct way. but at least i found a way that seems to work. If someone knows a simpler way to do it, i'm all ears.

Try #3 Using the Flicker BBCode directly pasted into the forum photo button.

This seems to work.

44436228215_d2fa75c34c_z.jpg
[/url]Fly Fishing Silhouette (JPEG) by Keith Bocian, on Flickr[/img]

I happen to stumble across a mention that BBCode is for Forums and Guestbooks so i thought that should probably work with this forum's uploader. much simpler than trying to find and cut and past a correct image address.

I use flickr all the time. It is the only one that works consistently for me.

I use the guest pass, copy and paste. I'll remove the code: data-flickr-embed="true"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back