USGS Streamgages Discontinued, So Just Adopt One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice video. Very worthy cause. I don't want to be the Grinch, but is there a way to stop it from auto-playing when I first enter the site? Or is that something I have to change in my browser?
That part gets a little annoying.. Or maybe I'm just getting old...:)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Chaz
I could walk to Saucon Creek from my house, but almost never fish it. LL is a little bit farther away but hardly ever fish it. I'm just not interested in fishing these streams because I've literally fish them a thousand times.

Last edited:
sandfly
I walk 200 yards for pine and 100 yds. for marsh. then within 5 miles another 4 streams.

Last edited:
ryguyfi
takes me 40 min to get to the nearest wild trout stream. About 35 min to get to the closest stocked stream that has special regs and decent hatches. Everything else is a hour at the least. Yeah I live in the black hole of trout fishing in PA.

Last edited:
RCFetter
I'm 30 min from where I prefer to fish in the Neshaminy. With no traffic I can get to the Pennypack in Montgomery county in 35 minutes. I like the Pennypack. Lived 5 min away from it for 20 years before moving to Doylestown. The drive up to the LL isn't too bad.

Last edited:
L
Quarter mile to Spring Creek. I jog along it. about a mile from the Paradise. I drive over Bald Eagle or Big Fishing Creek twice on the way to work. Work within 5 minutes of both. I consider it a long haul to Penns and the Little J with a 40 minute or so drive.

Last edited:
JackM
Being from Southwestern PA, I am very jealous that half of the respondents live within 15 minutes of good trout water.

Last edited:
Maurice
I live about 4 miles from a stocked stream that holds wild trout. It gets hammered pretty hard early season but is a nice distraction after supper in late may/june for spinner falls.

My "home waters" (place I'd rather fish) is about 25 minutes away. Inside of 1/2 hour I have about a dozen choices and boosted to an hour a couple dozen. It can make selecting a stream a challenge that is decided at red lights and stop signs.

York is not a bad place for a trout bum to live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back